Saturday, September 30, 2023

Living with cats and dogs.

Facebook Homepage Chat Response.   


IN the last 13+ years of my life since I started living with dogs and cat/s (never did) I somehow learned how to coexist with them. In fact, more than how I vainly tried to coexist with humans (or a relationship, LOL!). Dogs are no brainers, of course. But cats are different creatures. 



       Cyd (a.k.a. Elle Cyd The Koolcat, who passed away of old age in my arms last year) never liked any other living thing but she was never adversarial or combative. She simply preferred to be left alone. No one dared to touch her but she slept on my bed, cuddled up. Cyd was indoor/outdoor cat. I met her here when she was young but not very young. We just evolved as friends. She simply cozied up to me though I don't really "pet" animals like how others do. I just feed them and yes I talk to them. Cyd never scratched me. Not once. 

       We now have two cats and a dog. These two cats Ching and Fizz are sisters. We adopted them from Brother Wolf as little kittens. They have contrasting attitudes or demeanors. Ching is friendly with everyone and constantly flirts for a back/body rub. She plays a lot. Fizz prefers to be alone and simply watches activity in the house. Both cats are indoor or I wanted them to be indoor. These cats haven't had arguments with the dog/s or us though. They sleep in my bedroom. And when I take an afternoon nap, they come with me or they follow me wherever I go (like Cyd who "worked" with me in the yard and walked with the dogs and me). 



       I guess, these cats reflect me, my own sensitivity and sensibility. We just coexist. I also want to be left alone without saying it in a dramatic manner. I don't want to be forced to be "friendly," I just want friendship to evolve. 

       But cats are interesting creatures. Sometimes they can be mean and “harmful.” But, I guess, I have time and patience to "tame" cats. Like the little prince and the fox. LOL! Letting a cat go because he/she tends to be viciously unfriendly is sad. And it will also be sad for the cat as well. There were two other cats that I spent time with in the past, from two separate relationships. A week or so after we broke up and gone, for some reason they passed away. 

       Cats need love because we "taught" them human love though they are naturally feral or wanderers, alone. But we need to exert extra TLC or tender loving care to make them feel wanted or belonged. 🐈🥰🐕


No comments:

Post a Comment