Thursday, November 23, 2023

Compilation of short MORNING THOUGHTS on Facebook.

Previously posted.


For the whiner, today (Thanksgiving) is the day of wicked tribal blood and a day of poking wounds with family. Life is smothered with hate. Ah. I am old. I keep unhealed pains, too. I may not forgive but I have forgotten. Usually those who have wronged others have more to say to defend themselves due to guilt. I also hurt some but I’d rather forget, hushed. I thank God/dess that I am still breathing. Sports TV, dogs and cats, few friends, and Netflix help. Thank you! 🍎?☮️




Then, those in the fringes, underground, or the idiosyncratic were simply called “different.” Your unique existence has a community, reserved just for you. Goth, punk, gay, Communist etcetera. These days people are pressured to accept the “new correctness.” Refuse, speak up against it, you are shamed and lose your job. I wonder, do some people ride with the politics of New Left mindset to be cool, safe, hot? Do they really believe what they seem to profess? πŸ€¨πŸ—£πŸ‘₯


Popular meme: “Teach your son that cooking and cleaning are basic life skills not gender roles.” Cooking and cleaning… Interesting. I was born into and grew up in a culture where men cook on a daily basis. Primal truth. We learn to cook rice, not aided by “rice cooker,” by the time we reach grade school age. Takes skill to cook rice correctly. Cleaning? Each child has a housework task from sun-up to dusk. Boys and girls. No “gender roles,” whatsoever. Life as is. πŸ”Œ⏰πŸͺ 


Obviously, hooked I’m on sports. I savor and relish an entertaining game. “Tanking” in sports refers to the practice of intentionally employing weak player combinations to take advantage of league rules that benefit losing teams. In NBA, losing teams get to pick high or first in next year’s draft. Hot talk is 18-year French 7’2” talent Victor Wembanyama. So by mid-season, teams start to “tank.” I don’t dig this. Unprofessional, selfish, and takes so much out of sports enjoyment. πŸ‘ŽπŸ€πŸ‘Ž


I heard news about situations when a patient was operated on by A.I. and it went awry. Machine punctured the wrong spot etc. I had a major surgery, at least once in my life, in 2000. I was given the choice of continued medication or go “under the knife.” Right there, I chose the latter. Yet if that choice meant A.I.? Nope. Not a fan of automation as alternative to what human hands/brains are still capable of accomplishing. Pilotless plane? Don’t even ask. πŸ©»πŸ€–πŸ‘Ž




My favorite time period in movies/TV series is way back in history. Apart from the obvious that my thirst of knowing starts with looking back, I do believe women in the past, body shape in general and especially per fashion, are sexier. These days, I don’t think/feel lots of exposed skin is sexy. Thongs and Victoria’s Secret lace, tight jeans, body huggers. Nope. Leggings are fine but these have been “overworn.” Sexy stimulates the mind. Imagination, mystery. Sensual. πŸ‘—πŸ₯ΏπŸ‘˜


I am a TV/movie addict, zealot, freak. Been involved in moviemaking, wrote film reviews, and still, on my old age—glued in front of a TV series or 12! Except when I am critiquing cinema, films are easy entertainment to me. I don’t overthink it. However, I notice there’s been a lot that are shot in insane dimmed background. Lighting is irritatingly dark. Not a night sequence. Dude brushes teeth, family dinner, people on a board meeting, grocery store frames. Dark. WTH?!? 🀨πŸŽ₯😑


These days the word “traditional” is conveniently connected to/with “conservative.” Which I find ignorant, if not idiotic. When you are “old-school,” you’d be auto-judged as uptight/religious, right-wing populist, and irrelevant. And so on and so forth. If you ask me what’d be a stark difference between “traditional” and “modern,” based on current political mindset per academia? Consumer products. These days, we buy more stuff. And swallow more pills. πŸ‘ˆπŸ’ŠπŸ‘‰

No comments:

Post a Comment