Monday, December 11, 2023

Compilation of short MORNING THOUGHTS on Facebook.

My media life started at age 14 for a provincial city newspaper. Through the years, I pretty much navigated journalism in all its forms, grease, and politics till I “rested” in 2009 after two years stint with an Asian American newspaper in Los Angeles. I never felt “involved” with my news copy; always detached. I was trained that way. A spade is a spade. Fact is fact. Crime is crime, politics is politics. No Left, no Right. My personal take of the world goes to my poetry. ✍️💻✍️




Chillen. The art of chillen is learned and acquired via life experience. No amount of spiritual advice, shrink hours, helluva pills, wine, sex, and rock `n roll etcetera could calm a tortured soul, shattered heart 55x, or a massively bothered mind. All these are just marketing pitches and denial mojos. We don’t know when we’d finally get moments of peace and quiet. It just happens. Mostly, when we inhale exhale and say “Been there done shit…” And then we cool out. 🦋🐧🐦


Cleaning up after the doggie is pretty much like cleaning up after little kids, my life many years ago. Arrow wakes me up, interrupts my writing/reading, and coaxes me to play tug/pull or go out for bathroom break (or she just tricks me, she simply wants to smell the air). Afterwards, Arrow keeps quiet and leaves me alone. “Interruptions” like these though are sublime. I feel needed, same way a child needed me. You feel a sense of importance, value, and presence. 🐕😍🐕


I still am into old-stuff like vinyls, cassettes, and CDs—because they keep memories secured. There are so much to enjoy in the past than those that are in front of us these days. If there is a time machine, I’d like to return to the years before 21st century. I don’t dig this technological overload against the easier and more accessible life long time ago. ☎️📼☎️


There’s gotta be something to amuse ourselves while we are at home, with majority of time fronting the computer screen or streaming TV. Reading the same political murkthrow irks, for sure. But not the dog and cat videos, which are very entertaining. Me, I entertain myself by making selfies. In fact, I have thousands of photos here on Facebook. Me, afraid that FB will “steal” them? Why would I care. At least, I am certain, not just me watches my own face, LOL! 👽😎👺




It is cold season again. I easily get cold. In fact, all seasons I wear socks. My feet are never without socks! So on winters, thermal underwear and jackets and gloves and scarves and winter slippers are obligatory. But if you ask me why I prefer the East’s chilly snow over the West’s sunny beaches? I don’t know. I guess, I am just human. LOL! 🌬⛄️🌬


Sunday chores. Take trash out for Monday collection. As a boy in a brood of nine, I had my own daily and weekly house chore. I’ve gotten used to that life task. Haven’t outgrown them. There are also daily habits that stay. I fix my bed before I leave the bedroom, never left a dirty plate on the sink, triple-check closed doors at night, OCD-arrange my clothes in closet and drawers etc etcetera. ☀️🌫☀️


A Supertramp song goes: “At night, when all the world's asleep / The questions run so deep / For such a simple man.” Indeed, life and living can be tough. Profound. Complex. Dense. Many times, the news in my life isn’t all about climate change, white supremacy, health insurance, Kyle Rittenhouse, and 20-year wars. News: My new favorite chips is Utz and Cyd The Koolcat’s new fave chow is Hartz Tuna Delectable Squeeze Ups. 🙂🦋😎


Autumn leaves. Time passes. Seasons. Seems like few years ago when Elle Cyd The Koolcat used to accompany me outside, blowing and raking leaves, and gardening. For more than 10 years. Just hangin’. She has grown older. She prefers staying in these days, chillin’ on the sun room, and ruminating in her spot in the house. In these internet days, Cyd assumes the sublimity of existence that we sometimes disregard. Life is being there, here, and everywhere. No need to talk. 🍂🐈🍁


Stuff and things from the past. Memories. Remembrances. Recollections. When we remember, we also remember the bad along with the good. So we reflect how it was, how we dealt with those, and how we survived. When I look at old mementoes in the house, I am brought back to those years. And it gives me calm and peace. Basis of comparisons. And I can always say, it was a lot better then than these days. But I see blessings than misery. ☎️☎️🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment